Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mountain Goats - Alibi

INTRO:
||: E Am B7 :||

E
I got off work just past 11
C#m
Laid one finger to the breeze
A
You can almost taste the action
F#m B7
On nights like these
E
Trees were bending in the wind
C#m
And you were 40 miles away
A
And I was headed your direction
F#m B7
I've been waiting all day, I've been waiting all day

||: E Am B7 :||

E
Moon over West Covina
C#m
Was huge and white
A
And I was like a patient on a table
F#m B7
Headed towards the light
E
Leaned toward the centre divider
C#m
Feel the wind in my hair
A
Keep a light up in your window
F#m B7
I'm gonna be right there, I'm gonna be right there

E Am
With a gleam in my eye
E C#m
And an almost air tight
Am B7
Alibi

E C#m Am B7
E

E
Down by the chemistry building
C#m
I found a quiet place to park
A
And I made my way down the street toward your place
F#m B7
Stepping lightly in the dark
E
Climbed the steps up to your doorway
C#m
Like a man prepared to jumped beneath a train
A
It's real warm outside tonight
F#m B7
Maybe tomorrow it rains, maybe tomorrow it rains

||: E Am B7 :||

E
Inside your room we shut the window
C#m
And we turned on a fan
A
And we lay there together in the darkness
F#m B7
I can keep a secret if you can
E
Finishing one another's sentences
C#m
Like a pair of identical twins
A
Your boyfriend's out of town until Tuesday
F#m B7
And nobody saw me come in, nobody saw me come in

E Am
With a gleam in my eye
E C#m
And an almost air tight
Am B7
Alibi

E C#m Am B7
E

E Am B7 x 4 and end on E

No comments:

Post a Comment